In this course you will learn...
- What is workplace violence, what is the spectrum of behaviors and actions that constitute workplace violence?
- How workplace violence affects workers in all industries and how it manifests among remote workers.
- What concerning behaviors you need to be aware of, and how stressors can exacerbate situations.
- What motivates someone to commit violence and how we can stop it before it occurs.
- Why sometimes we fail to speak up and report our concerns, and how to overcome those barriers to action.
- How, why and when to report concerns and what happens when you do
- How to defuse conflicts and de-escalate tense situations to keep yourself and others safe
- What to do in case of an imminent threat
- How workplace violence affects our emotional well-being and resources to help you cope